Nicholas (Nikos ) Kontizas
Nikos areas of practice are banking, capital markets, and cross border acquisitions, with emphasis on payments systems and payment schemes.
Nikos started his career in the US where he was employed by major US law firms, including Proskauer Rose, and Skadden Arps, as a corporate finance attorney for over six years. From 2012 to 2016, he headed the Capital Markets/Banking and Finance practices of a major Greek law firm.
He has served as a member of the Board of Directors of a Greek listed company and as Legal Advisor to the Ministry of Finance (member of four different committees for the drafting of new legislation in respect of law on corporations, mergers & acquisitions law, the Greek film industry, and collection companies).
Nikos has acted for Greek systemic banks and for most of the major international banks and payment institutions, as well as asset management companies, venture capital and private equity funds, and international corporations.
He has been involved in numerous transactions such as the recapitalization of Greek systemic banks, the sale of assets and the sale of shares in credit institutions and other corporations, the establishment of the first Greek equity crowdfunding platform, syndicated loans, and project financings.
- New York University (NYU), LL.M., 1995
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, LL.B., 1992
- London School of Economics and Political Science, Certification in Anglo-American Law, 1990
- Université Aix-en-Provence, Certification in Commercial Law, 1990
- Legal Framework for Crowdfunding in Greece
- BRRD and Recapitalization of Greek Banks
- Prospectus for the Public Offering of Securities in Europe, published by Cambridge University Press (2008)
- Common Legal Framework for Takeover Bids in Europe, published by Cambridge University Press (2008)